Friday, May 11, 2012

Pinterest... and fashion.

Pinterest 

What is Pinterest and why is it all of the sudden he rage?

I would say that it's just another silly social media tool that's as good at wasting time as Facebook (and all the other sites that leave you wondering where the time went). But Pinterest is different in many ways. Pinterest can be especially helpful when it comes to fashion ideas.

Pinterest is a social media site where you can create your own "boards" (or image groups) which are made up of images and things that you like. You can save a handy little "pin it" button the top of your web browser and every time you're on the web and see something that you like, just click "pin it" and that item will go to a selected board on your Pinterest account. So what does this have to do with fashion?

A lot.

Pinterest is a great place to draw inspiration for fashion ideas, hair and makeup ideas, and even workout tips and tricks. I have posted many pictures to Pinterest that express my idea of a great outfit - whether it be bohemian style romantic, edgy, trendy or even men's fashion. If I see it and I like it, I "pin" it. Apparently, so do thousands of others. I love to browse the boards of other people and see what fashions they are into. It's a great way to share style ideas.

So really, what are you waiting for? Join the Pinterest cult... unless you are waiting for your invite (yes, you do have to ask for an invitation at www.pinterest.com and wait to be "invited" to join).

Here are some of the latest boards that I have "pinned" pictures and idea onto - you can find them at http://pinterest.com/kgicimage/. Subscribe to my boards to see my latest updates. Subscribe to your friends' boards and you will see everything that they update on their Pinterest accounts. "Repin" items or ideas that you like and soon people will be subscribing to and following your Pinterest boards. 

http://pinterest.com/kgicimage/men-s-fashion/ - check out this board for the latest on men's fashions.
http://pinterest.com/kgicimage/style-and-trends/ - to see all of my favorite (and inspirational) outfits, check out this link.

Here are some of my favorite images that you will find on my Pinterest boards:



Feel free to share your Pinterest Url so that we can see what you're favorite trends, styles and products are! 

Happy Pinning and Happy Styling!

Xo, Kristin @ Kristin Golden Image Consulting

No comments:

Post a Comment