Thursday, January 5, 2012

Look Good Lounging

Oh, I remember the days of waking up 20 minutes before class, pulling on my CSU sweatpants and a t-shirt, throwing my hair in a ponytail and running off to class (usually a little late...).

I was one of probably a hundred other girls dressed just like me - and frankly, it didn't really matter because after that class, I was either going to the gym, going back home (to study or sleep), or going to another class...

But those days are long gone. Yes, I still have my CSU sweats and I will rock them from time to time, but for the most part, they are kept more for sentimental value than for clothing purposes.

Here's the deal. I'm married, many days I work from home, and I could get away with wearing my baggy sweats and hair pulled back and NO ONE would know... no one except my husband and myself.

I usually don't dress to impress other people - I dress to feel good about the way I look. I feel better about situations and about life in general when I feel good about the way I look. So why should it be any different at home?

No, I don't need to go all out - makeup, accessories, the works... but there is a way to be comfy AND stylish... and it can make all the difference in the world.

I always encourage my clients to toss their baggy sweats (keep a sweatshirt for sentimental reasons if they must), but otherwise, why wear homey-looking clothes when you could look cute in something just as comfortable?

As I always say, "Look good NOW, feel good NOW."

I know my husband appreciates it and it doesn't take anymore time than throwing on sweats. Plus, I feel good enough about how I look that I don't mind running errands if need be and I feel fine if someone wants to stop by for a visit. (Tell me you are okay with that when you are slobbed out in your baggy sweats)!

So how can you do it comfortably?

- Yoga pants are a great option. I know many people don't like them because they are afraid they will be too tight. I say TRY THEM. There are so many different styles out there that there is bound to be a pair that will look good on you.
- Fitted tees - not TIGHT - but fitted. Something that will show that there is a female figure under those clothes!
- Leggings and a cotton tunic. Super comfy and very cute.
- Zip-up hoodies made for women (not college kids).
- Structured tanks (these serve so many purposes that I encourage you to have one in almost every color)!
- Tennis skirts (you don't actually have to know how to play tennis to look cute in the tennis clothing).

There are some great stores for women that have an abundance of options to choose from. Check them out and give it a try.

Next time you are cozying up to watch a movie or sitting down to respond to emails, put on some cute lounge clothes instead of your baggy sweats and see how it makes you feel!

Here are some places that I recommend shopping at:

- Lululemon - www.lululemon.com for locations or to shop online







- Lucy - www.lucy.com for locations or to shop online



- Title Nine - www.titlenine.com for locations or to shop online




- Outdoor Divas - www.outdoordivas.com for locations or to shop online



- Victorias Secret Online (not the PINK collection) - www.victoriassecret.com




So there you have it - SO many easy ways to look cute, even if you are just lounging at home. Try it - consider it a dare. I guarantee it will make you feel better about yourself, your boyfriend/husband/girlfriend won't be able to keep their hands off of you, and it's JUST AS EASY as putting on those old sweats!

Here's to relaxing and looking good while doing it! Happy lounging!

Xo, Kristin @ Kristin Golden Image Consulting



No comments:

Post a Comment