Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Shape Wear that you will WANT to wear!

"SHAPE WEAR" - the first things that comes to mind when I hear the words "Shape Wear" are "old-fashioned," "girdle," "hard-to-breathe," "frumpy," "ugly," "un-sexy," "old lady"... the list goes on and it's not exactly a list of things that I would like to describe me OR my style. 

Luckily, there is a new line of "shape wear" that has just been introduced to the market that I have absolutely fallen in love with. It's called ResultWear - and I think EVERY WOMAN should at least give it a try! (You can find out more about ResultWear at www.dmondaine.com or www.resultwear.com ).

ResultWear is a new product of intimate apparel out of California designed for real women who love to look and feel sexy. Whether you are wearing a gorgeous date-night dress or dressing for a day out, ResultWear is something that is both comfortable and sexy. 

I remember a few years ago when I had a particularly fitted dress that I wanted to wear some sort of shape wear underneath just to SMOOTH OUT MY BODY LINE. I am not a "big girl," but I know how shape wear can really enhance the look of an outfit an almost any body type. The problem was, I felt so UNSEXY in the shape wear that I was wearing. I was afraid for anyone to see me in the hideous "girdle-looking" undergarments.

Thanks to this new product line, shape wear is being redefined. ResultWear is designed to be SEXY - even seen. With new fresh designs, it can go from evening wear to everyday wear and be comfortable and feminine. 

This line is brand new to Colorado - while you can find "Spanxx" and other shape wear at almost any retailer, ResultWear is so new to the scene that it is only sold in a few boutiques and in Neiman Marcus as of yet. 

Still, I HIGHLY recommend it to ALL women - they have amazing bras that not only create smooth lines but also LOOK sexy. They also have gorgeous slips and skirts. 

So often I feel hesitant to suggest any form of shape wear to clients out of fear of offending them - but with this new product, I really feel that the taboo of shape wear has been removed and it can now be seen for what it really is - which is just another "trick" that we can take advantage of to help us look and FEEL our best. You don't need to have a special occasion to wear shape wear - it is perfect for everyday use when we want to feel really GOOD about our bodies and the way we look. 

I don't sell ResultWear and I am not an advertiser for them - I just like to report when I find a good product and ResultWear is one of those products.

Aside from being comfortable and CUTE, it is practical in price. All shape wear (like most bras and underwear) costs more than we care to spend on something that we don't even really show off. Still, ResultWear falls within the same price points as other shape wear, yet it is something that you can wear much more often, feel more confident in, and feel sexy in - no matter what else you are wearing. 

This is one item that I would absolutely consider an "investment piece." Along with jeans, shoes, handbags, and jackets - shape wear is something that is worth spending the money on because you will get so much use out of it and it will never go out of style. 

Try it for yourself - just by trying it on, you will feel the difference and the next time you have a killer outfit or a fabulous event, you will be so glad that you have the added support of GREAT shape wear. 

Here are some of the fun styles that it comes in.

The "Marilyn" full slip is one of the hottest items (I think) - it even has a sexy zipper in the back. It breathes and moves WITH your body, providing both comfort and sex appeal (and helping to highlight YOUR figure!)

The "Jane" bra is FABULOUS and a must-have in my opinion - it gives great cleavage AND it does not have an underwire. It can easily be an everyday bra that makes EVERYTHING look a little bit better!

The "Victoria" slip is a MESH fabric that is moveable and breathable. It is also shorter than almost any other shape wear slips available, making it a great option for any dress (easing your mind about whether or not your shape wear is going to peak out from under the hem of your dress or skirt). 

The "Stella" skirt is a high-rise skirt designed to smooth out the hips and other "problem" areas that we sometimes have around our waists. Like some of the other ResultWear products, I love how breathable and comfortable it is - and seriously - it looks SEXY all by itself - no more need to be embarrassed about wearing some "old lady" undergarments!


I don't think that anyone is super excited to shop for SHAPE WEAR - it's much more fun to shop for fun clothes - but as a stylist, I see the importance of having great undergarments as well. If it is comfortable and will make my clothes look even better, then I am ALL for it!

Happy Shaping! 

Xo, Kristin @ Kristin Golden Image Consulting

No comments:

Post a Comment