Monday, December 5, 2011

Baby it's cold outside!

Today in Denver, there is a high of 13 degrees... BURR! At least the frigid weather gives us an opportunity to pull out our favorite winter clothes.

No one said you have to sacrifice style to stay warm. Here are some of my winter favorites.
A warm but fitted down coat can make all of the difference in the world. This one is a Moncler jacket, but there are many other brands that have similar style. Just make sure that the length is proportionate to your body size (it should hit just above the knee), that it darts in to give you that hour-glass shape, and that it is fitted - not too baggy on you.

I am loving infinity scarves this season! You can find them in all different patterns and colors and they make for a great accessory to your outfit, as well as a good way to stay warm!

Gloves are not optional! Especially on days like today when it's so cold that my car windows won't even roll down. These gloves are Michael Kors and they are great because they are not big and bulky (although ski gloves are also a good thing to have!) so they will fit in your bag. Plus, the neutral colors ensure that they will look good with almost any outfit you pair them with!

Hosiery is no longer necessary most of the time - but tights sure are fun! The tights that are shown here are Wolford tights. They come in many different patterns and can add some serious style to an outfit. My suggestion when purchasing tights: always err on the larger side, especially if you are right between sizes.

I think I have almost outworn my (new) classic black boot. I love how it has a bit of a heel so it can dress up an outfit, yet the design is simple so it doesn't look messy. The pair displayed here are Christian Louboutin, but there are also great options at stores like Nine West and Steve Madden.


I selected these Hunter boots (or wellys - as they're called) because they are a GREAT boot for Colorado. They are casual and water resistant. What makes these so great is that you can change the color of the fleece sock. Rain boots just don't cut it in the cold slush and snow - but these are the perfect solution because the provide the stylish appearance of a rain boot with the warmth of a fleece lining. You can play with the colors yourself online or in Nordstrom stores!

I already listed my favorite formal boot, but just as important is my riding boot. I love my flat riding boots because I can walk outside in the cold and not fear slipping, yet I still look stylish. I love the color of this pair because it can easily match with browns or blacks! Some of my favorites are from Steve Madden and Frye.


PJ Salvage fleece pants are the ultimate in lounge wear. On those days when I just don't want to leave the house, these are my go-to's. They look cute, are extremely comfortable, and keep me nice and toasty as I enjoy my favorite TV shows on Netflix all day!

Rachel Bilson's knit hat is just one of the many cute hats that work for winter. I love the way she wears it a little back on her head - and then lets it flop over. It looks adorable, yet also provides warmth. Find these adorable hats anywhere, including Target.

Finally, cozy sweaters are a winter must. They are great for layering, wearing over leggings or skinny jeans (that can be tucked into boots), and just looking cozy. I love this Michael Kors sweater because of the faux fur and the dolman shape. 

Did I miss any winter must-have's? If you have a favorite winter piece that you'd like to share, please feel free! I am always looking for new ways to stay warm and still look good.

Winter's here, like it or not!

No comments:

Post a Comment